Saturday 9 May 2020

Six on Saturday - 9th May

I want to join the bandwagon and start doing 'Six on Saturdays' just because I immensely liked the blog of Propagator, the fact that it is very mush alive, consistent and it is just so cool to have like-minded people to follow. I am obsessed with plants and gardens too, so what not to like. My first Sixes from last Saturday!

1. Anemone silvestris and rhododenron 'Unknown'. Still, they have a lot in common.
IMG_9469
2. My wisteria, it is 6-7 years old and doing very good. But I have to prune it a bit once it finishes flowering.
IMG_9508
3. A patio-pond I keep in hopes for it to be home for at least some of the amphybians (frogs and toads alike) who hopefully will start munching on slugs. Wishful thinking, I know.
IMG_9495
4. Just part of the border I like - with primulas denticulata. I am going to separate and divide them again, to have even moar clumps next spring.
IMG_9490
5. Delospermas cooperii, these both varieties must like this location. Sunny side of the house under the roof - hence very dry conditions.
IMG_9518
6. Bugleweed & forget-me-nots. I started to like the combo, it is random but now I think I will encourage it more...
IMG_9468

2 comments:

  1. i have been contemplating a small pond for that exact reason. i heard someone waxing lyrical about how their resident frog population had decimated the slugs to the point of hosta nirvana. maybe you should swipe some frogspawn from somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some little tadpoloes in there already, but I added them there myself, from a friend. My hopes are it will be sustainable in future and they will be propagating there themselves :D but need bigger pond...

      Delete