Saturday 23 May 2020

Another Saturday, another post

We have a long weekend, and I was waiting for it. If only all weekends could be long?!

My sixes this week. I'd call it today - 'what's in flower today in the garden'. Acutally more than six are in bloom now, but I chose these.

1. Pelargonium 'Chocolate', I bought it as an annual in garden centre (sigh) but I am going to save it to be a permanent resident, maybe make cuttings in autumn. Cause everything about it is lovely - bright peachy red colour, the form of flowers, the leaves.
IMG_9567

2. Campanula portenschlagiana. It grew up a bit now from a small plant I bought couple years ago.


3. Digitalis, it sows itself everywhere and I am just moving the seedlings into any free place then available. But I need to find a right permanent place for her, so maybe she'd start growing there instead of everywhere.
IMG_9636

4. Hesperis matronalis. Again, sows itself, it is short lived perennial. Lovely scent.
IMG_9647

5. Libertia grandiflora. Grows well but someone is eating its flower stems... I suspect snails, cause there are lot of them in this corner.
IMG_9653

6. And, three alliums in one photo! That's about all of my alliums actually, I'm not good at them apparently, I had quite a few, but now only one-two of each. A. cristophii, Purple Sensation and - OK, not really an allium - a nectaroscordum. I am thinking to collect seeds from these three and will try to multiply them to be in big numbers again.
IMG_9682

I have a lot of plans for this weekend, I need to plant out cerinthe, do some weeding, take out tulip bulbs from a raised bed, and sort them, mm, yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment