Saturday 16 May 2020

Six on Saturday - 16th May 2020

Saturday is finally here. Here are my six:

1. Shropshire Lad, climbing variety. It's looking better that last year (must be 2-3 years old now) even though someone was munching on its new growth. Well.
IMG_9522
2. Geranium pratense 'Dark-or black-something'. Black beauty? Dark reiter? Doesn't look too dark to me, this seedling must have lost its sort qualities. Originally they are more purpled leaves than that. Still.
IMG_9527
3. It's a veigela time this week in the garden. Well, for quite a few weeks :) I think it is a 'Florida Variegata', seems like it. The shrub was here well before us.
IMG_9528
4. Also this one is in full bloom - evergreen azalea 'Olga Niblet'. I bought it this winter, and now have to make sure next spring it flowers at least half as this!
IMG_9533
5.Another azalea, this time decidious. I thinks 'Lutea'. Also bought this winter. No flowers in sight.
IMG_9535
6. Finally, this week this unknown self-sown aquilegia is flowering its socks off. This is one large clump. I have to remember to collect seeds from this quite vigorous and healthy plant (which is a rare sight in my garden).
IMG_9546

2 comments:

  1. the geranium is lovely, whatever it is called. could it be 'midnight reiter'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've searched gmail for reciept - and it is either Purple Haze or Dark Reiter as apparently I bought both... They are from seedaholic.com. I should've been better with labels!

      Delete