Saturday 30 May 2020

Six on Saturday - 30 May 2020

It's very dry and hot for May, way too much. Primulas which I divided and moved to new place are struggling so much, that I need to shade them every day. I'm watering about everything, and it's becoming such a chore. But I accomplished a few things though over the week - I dug out tulips, and sorted them out, I am feeling I will have a very nice amount of bulbs for the autumn. Of course, some of the bulbs are on a smallish side - but that's fine, I'm happy to wait for them to develop for the next years.
Also I planted out the honeyworts. I pruned lilac. Planted out annual asters (or did I do it previous week??)

Anyways, time for Six on Saturday.
1. Bought some very cheap saxifragas at B&Q. Couldn't resist a bargain. Shame on me.
IMG_9836

2. Pratia is doing quite well second year in a row. I should lift it, divide it and multiply.
IMG_9828

3. That's my paeonias. I don't know the variety (as they were here before us) but the plant almost died when I was moving it out of the wrong place it was in, and it managed to come back, and this year we're finally having 6-7 buds and something to cut for the vase! It is definitely growing.
IMG_9788

4. Cistus. It's just this time of the year when this bush is in the spotlight and is pretty. I'm quite indifferent to it, to be honest.
IMG_9706

5. Sagina subulata aka Irish moss - I have one tiny clump, or - a patch of it. Somehow I find it hard to grow, this clump is not getting bigger, so I must be doing something wrong.
IMG_9701

6. And, to finish the things off - I think I'll post one of the few roses I have which I know the name of. 'A Whiter Shade Of Pale', a hybrid tea rose. Unfortunately the bush itself this year is not looking as good as before, I think I pruned it too hard. This year - very little pruning, I promise. But isn't it lovely, this gradient from paper white to pink?
IMG_9784

2 comments:

  1. Your peony looks very similar to one our neighbour gave us a few years back which I believe to be 'Sarah Bernhardt'. Mine is not happy this year, two stems produced deformed buds that haven't opened properly, I don't know if they get virus or some such. The Pratia is nice, I don't think I've seen the white version before. I see you have Muehlenbeckia beside it, a beast of a plant in Cornwall, tamer where you are perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done on sorting your tulips out, i decided i couldn't be bothered, will just buy a new batch this summer. a little wasteful but i find them unreliable returners. i like your peonies, very nice.

    ReplyDelete