Thursday 2 April 2020

Better late than never - a visit to Gravetye Manor in March.

Just maybe a week before the lockdown happened we were visiting Gravetye Manor. We booked it a while ago, and it seemed rude to cancel ! And it was a good decision overall - the stay was fantastic, we didn't catch anything, there was only a few guests and we enjoyed this visit enormously. I made lots of pictures, of course. Once this is all over we are going to visit again, to check how gardens behave in a different season.
And, on top of everything I've got a clematis 'Gravetye Beauty', it's c. texensis, so very similar I think to "Princess Diana"/"Princess Kate". The latter I already have, to +1 to collection.

 I did like this scenery and this whole little corner. Something very private and misterious about it. IMG_9432
This is the main view I think, it was impossible not to make this picture. IMG_9342
Good borders, and how clever to have magnolia hanging over it, losing its petals. IMG_9398
This is just... I need this plant now. IMG_9404
Clematis armandii 'Apple blossom'. I have a personal history with this clematis, I had variety 'Snowdrift' and it died eventually after couple of years. I think the place was bad. Or maybe I did something wrong. IMG_9412
Well, but now I'm determined to try again with c.armandii. IMG_9420
Overall - a musthave! IMG_9440

No comments:

Post a Comment